Mayor Eric Garcetti’s Office of Gang Reduction and Youth Development (GRYD) is currently accepting applications for Summer Night Lights (SNL) program’s
Site Artists , Zumba/Fitness/Dance Instructors and Culinary Artists.
GRYD’s mission is to strengthen youth/young adult, family and community resilience to the influence of gangs by fostering public/private collaboration and supporting community-based prevention and intervention services. SNL is a key component of the comprehensive GRYD strategy which was piloted during the summer of 2008 as a response to research that point to youth being most likely to commit violent crimes during the summer months in the City of Los Angeles. Now in its 10th consecutive summer, the SNL program is implemented in 32 parks across the city with the goal of reducing gang related violence in and around SNL sites & providing community engagement and employment opportunities for youth as well as adults.
- Develop and implement a workshop series tailored around the SNL Art program’s mission of presenting unifying themes in black/brown cultures and engagement of community members across the family life cycle.
- Development of lesson plans for each workshop, including a culminating project or performance, a budget for supplies and an outreach plan.
- Communicate with GRYD SNL staff via email, cell phone, and written reports (nightly/end of program)
- Maintain communication with Art Program Coordinator/site staff regarding programming, special events, and areas that require follow up.
- Maintain working relationships with site team and SNL Partners (i.e.Recreation and Parks, LAPD, Community Intervention Workers).
- Be committed to working with a diverse population and participants along the family life cycle (children to elders).
- Maintain detailed accounting records of supplies purchased and follow invoice reimbursement protocols for payment.
Period of Employment: 6/28/17 – 8/5/17 for all candidates
Days: Wednesdays – Saturdays: 7:30 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.
Total Hours per Week: 12
Period of Employment: 8/11/17 – 8/25/17 for all candidates
Days: Fridays and Saturdays: 7:30 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.
Total Hours per Week: 6
(Candidates will be notified of any modifications to employment period and orientation.)
To view job description, please click here
APPLICATION AND SUBMISSION PROCESS
To access the application, please click here; you will be required to submit a cover letter, resume and sample of your art form (for Dance/fitness Instructors, a flyer of where you teach a class is sufficient).
Applications’ due date is May 12th at 5:0 0 pm. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, and early submission is encouraged.
Please share with your networks/contacts. For more information please visit: http://grydfoundation.org/programs/summer-nightlights/snl-hiring
For more information on SNL, please click here