Metro provides notice that they will be doing utility exploratory excavations along Van Nuys Bl and local cross streets March 4-27. Utility exploratory excavations include potholing, trenching, saw cutting, jackhammering, and pavement restoration.
Metro will perform small excavations to confirm the location of utilities and other underground structures that may be located under the East San Fernando Valley Light Rail Transit alignment. The work will continue until the end of Summer 2021.
Approved work hours are:
- Weekdays from March 4 to March 25, 2021. Work Hours: 8pm to 6am
- Weekends from March 6 to March 27, 2021. Work Hours: Saturdays from 8am to 6pm
Work will occur intermittently at various street intersections. Due to this activity:
- Van Nuys Bl may be reduced to one lane in each direction at the identified intersections. The bike lane will be shared with the vehicular lane.
- Left turn lanes will be prohibited at identified intersections northbound and southbound on Van Nuys Bl.
- Curb lane parking may be prohibited on Van Nuys Bl between the identified intersections.
The schedule below reflects the work on the intersections along Van Nuys Bl.
- March 4: Sylvan St, Calvert St, and Gilmore St
- March 6: Between Kittridge St/Archwood St
- March 8 and 9: Vose St, and Gault St
- March 10: Vose St
- Marth 11: Delano St, Hart St, and Erwin St
- March 13 and 15: Between Harland St/Hart St, and Between Kittridge St/Archwood St
- March 16 and 17: Between Hartland St/Hart St
- March 18: Friar St, and Between Kittridge St/Archwood St
- March 20: Between Haynes St/Kittridge St, and Wyandotte St to Valerio St
- March 22: Vose St, and Gault St
- March 23: Haynes St, and Kittridge St
- March 24 and 25: Between Wyandotte St/Valerio St
- March 27: Aetna St, and Bessemer St