VNNC Education Committee Meeting Agenda
October 6th, 2016 (Thursday 5:30- 7:30 pm)
Van Nuys Library (Conference Room)
6250 Sylmar Ave. Van Nuys, CA 91401
- Call To Order & Pledge Of Allegiance To the United States of America.
- Roll Call (Quorum Call)
- Comments from the Chair – Speaker’s Times, Cell Phones, Conversations, Correspondence Received and approval of minutes. Introductions of first time attending stakeholders. *Speaker Cards: 2, minutes, 2 Public Comment Times. (This includes speaker cards on agenda items — a limit of 10 minutes for the entire meeting per stakeholder.)
- Public Comment (On matters within the VNNC Board’s Jurisdiction.)
- Old Business:
- A. Review tasks/goals of the Education Committee.
- New Business:
- A. Reports from Public officials
- B. Reports on local schools including but not limited to: Van Nuys Elementary, Valerio St. Elementary, Columbus Ave Elementary, and Van Nuys High School
- C. Plans to revitalize Hazeltine Elementary garden on the corner of Hazeltine Ave. and Sherman Way
- D. Discussion on when to hold the next Education Summit and what topics we should focus on.
- E. Plan for a college night for Van Nuys High School students
- F. Outreach for the Education committee.
- G. Establish task/goals to focus on for the next three months.
- H. Discuss ways in which high school students can earn volunteer hours through the VNNC and the Education Committee.
- Public Comments
- Next meeting, dates and topics