Van Nuys Neighborhood Council Planning and Land Use Committee on January 27 and Board on February 9 carefully considered the Sepulveda Transit Corridor Project prior to the public comment deadline on February 11.
The first 3 alternatives involve a monorail. The second 3 alternatives are underground with alternative 6 being under Van Nuys Blvd.
The Board approved a motion: The Van Nuys Neighborhood Council opposes any alternative that places any portion of the project transit system along the corridor above ground. And The Van Nuys Neighborhood Council supports Alternative 6 as presented to PLUM committee – with amendment to add an additional stop either at Burbank Boulevard or at Victory Boulevard.
The vote was 7 in favor, 5 against and 5 abstentions.
Sepulveda Transit Corridor Information:
- Project website: www.metro.net/sepulvedacorridor
- Project StoryMap: https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/642fc3ce99c2418bbaeff9bf3bfe3804
- Project Video: https://youtu.be/–LbU–Wq0j1w
- Scoping Meeting Presentation: https://youtu.be/KcucT0xMZxA
- Public Comment Form: https://bit.ly/SepulvedaCommentForm