VNNC General Meeting Agenda
October 19, 2016 (Wednesday 7:00-9:30 pm)
Van Nuys Constituents Center Conference Room
6262 Van Nuys Blvd. Conference Room 1A
Van Nuys, CA 91401-2707
- Call To Order & Pledge Of Allegiance To the United States of America.
- Roll Call (Quorum Call)
- Comments from the Chair — Speaker’s Times, Cell Phones, Conversations, Correspondence Received and approval of minutes. Introductions of first time attending stakeholders. *Speaker Cards: 2, minutes, 2 Public Comment Times. (This includes speaker cards on agenda items — a limit of 10 minutes for the entire meeting per stakeholder.)
- Public Comment (On matters within the VNNC Board’s Jurisdiction.)
- Secretary’s Report — Jeremy Pessoa
- Treasurer’s Report — Stacey Rains and/or Howard Benjamin (Second Signatory) — Approve Treasurer’s Report
- Committee Chairperson’s Reports, Budget Advocate’s Report, & Elected Officials’ Reports.
- Old Business
- A. None
- New Business:
- A. 6569 N. Van Nuys Blvd. Mixed-use project. 184-unit mixed use apartments w/ approximately 20,000 sq. ft of commercial space. Developers request to consist of a zone change from P-1VL to Mixed Use (Commercial & Residential) + Density Bonus; 168 Market Rate units with 16 earmarked for Very Low income units. In addition, owners are requesting to increase the density bonus above 35% and to increase the affordable unit set- aside. Asking for a Letter of Support. (Boaz Miodovsky/Ketter Designs) renderings
- B. Outreach – Proposal for VNC to purchase 500 VNNC logo bags for Outreach Committee purposes. Not to Exceed (NTE) $1,000. (Howard Benjamin)
- C. Outreach – Proposal for VNNC to purchase 61 light pole banners to replace those damaged by wind. (NTE) $9,000. (Howard Benjamin)
- D. 14741 Calvert Street (MacLeod Ale Brewing Company). Conditional Use Permit. Renewal of CUP for the on+off-site consumption, sale, and manufacture of beer in conjunction with existing (Type 23) license and expansion of brewery permit into adjacent site with daily hours 6:00-2:00am. Existing approval ZA-2012-02658-CUB contain term grants. Asking for a Letter of Support. Case No#: ZA-2016-3245-CUB (Alastair & Jennifer Boase/ MacLeod Ale Brewing Company) Supporting Docs.:drawings-and-maps macleod_eaf_082216 macloed_new-mlua_082216
- E. 7639 Van Nuys Blvd. Proposal for Bonus Density to build 5-story residential apartments. On menu item to increase the building height from 45 feet to 56 feet and increase the floor area ratio from 1.5:1 to 2.5:1. Case No#: DIR-2016-2920 (Armin Gharai/GA Engineering Inc.) Supporting Docs.:arch-drawings environmental-assessment-form photo-boards master-application justification-letter
- F. 6719-6705 N. Sepulveda Blvd. On Menu Incentive for Affordable Housing. The demolition of an existing motel, less than 50 units, consisting of (2) one- story buildings and (1) two-story building in order to construct a new 3 story, 44 unit residential apartment building over on grade parking. Case No#: DIR-2016-0725 (Armin Gharai of GA Engineering, Inc.)
- G. Community partners requests $3,000 for an educational program at the Santa Monica Mountain National Park in honor of the 100th Anniversary of the National Parks for (4) Van Nuys Schools—(Sylvan Elementary, Van Nuys Middle School, Van Nuys Elementary & Kester Elementary).
- H. Proposal that the VNNC adopt the following motion and issue a Community Impact Statement (CIS) stating that: “The Van Nuys Neighborhood Council is concerned with and supports our Stakeholders in resolving our parking, street quality, and safety problems.” (Dr. Weissman)
- I. Proposal that the VNNC allocate funds to the Outreach Committee to support a community Halloween event, NTE $500. (Maria Skelton)
- J. Proposal that the VNNC allocate funds to join with the Country General Store in sponsoring an event to benefit Children of the Night, NTE $2,500 (Candido Marez)
- K. Proposal that the VNNC create a Special Committee On Policy Education (SCOPE Committee) to begin as an ad hoc committee with an initial six (6) month sunset period. The VNNC SCOPE Committee will make recommendations on organizing forums to address special policy issues on homelessness, sex trafficking, gang reduction, and valley-wide transportation needs, provided that opposing viewpoints are represented, as well. The VNNC General Board is to have the final say on all presenters to appear before the SCOPE Committee. The SCOPE Committee will include at least one (1) stakeholder member and will comply with the provisions of the Brown Act.
- Public Comments