Open Invitation to Public Works Liaisons
All Public Works Liaisons are invited to engage with and attend the following:
- Board of Public Works to Visit LANCC – The Board of Public Works is discussing the Clean Streets Initiative at the next LANCC monthly meeting on November 7th @ 10am. Please visit LANCC’s website for meeting details by clicking here: LANCC. We highly encourage all Public Works Liaisons, NC Presidents/Chairs, and active community clean-up organizers and volunteers to attend.
- Prepare for El Niño – The Bureau of Sanitation recently shared a flyer listing some of the work they have done around the city to prepare for the upcoming rainy season, and they also took the time to list a few recommendations for Angelenos. Please click here for the flyer and share it with your Neighborhood Council and stakeholders:
- Regional El Niño Town Hall Meetings – The Emergency Management Department is convening a few departments to hold the Regional El Niño Town Hall Meetings at four locations across the city. Please plan on attending one of the meetings on behalf of your Neighborhood Council to learn how the city is preparing for the heavy rains. Please click here for the flyer and share it with your Neighborhood Council and stakeholders.
- Implementation Plan for Clean Streets Citywide Program– Help your Neighborhood Council monitor the Council File related to the Clean Streets Initiative by subscribing to the following Council File: 15-0600-S78. This would be an opportunity for the Neighborhood Council to submit a Community Impact Statement (CIS).
- Appoint Your Public Works Liaison – As a reminder, if they haven’t done so already, please remind your Neighborhood Council President or Chair to appoint your NC Public Works Liaison and register them with EmpowerLA. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact Octaviano Rios, Neighborhood Council Advocate, at (213) 978-1551.