General Meeting Agenda (VNNC)
Van Nuys Neighborhood Council February 11th, 2015 (Wednesday 7:00 – 11:59pm) Marvin Braude Constituent Service Center 6262 Van Nuys Blvd., Van Nuys, CA 91401
- Call to Order & Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America
- Roll Call (Quorum Call)
- Comments from the Chair (President) of the Van Nuys Neighborhood Council
- Public Comment (On matters within the VNNC Board’s Jurisdiction.) *Speaker Cards: 2 minutes, 1 Public Comment Time. (This includes speaker cards on any and all agenda items — a limit of 10 minutes for the entire meeting per Stakeholders and Councilmembers alike)
- Secretary’s Report — Approve December & January Minutes
- Treasurer’s Report — Jeanette Hopp and/or Howard Benjamin (Second Signatory) — Approve Treasurer’s Report
- Committee Chairperson’s Reports, Budget Advocate’s Report, Elected Officials’ Reports & Election Chair’s Report
- New Business
- a. The VNNC to host and moderate the debate for Los Angeles City Council District #6. The VNNC to solicit and invite questions from the general public and it’s stakeholders. The VNNC will strictly monitor the debate format and uphold the utmost professionalism in this community forum. The two candidates have both been invited, and have both confirmed their attendance. (1 1/2 hours) Questions provided for debate: DebateQuestions
- b. 7337-7347 Hazeltine Ave. Request a Letter of Support for the Change Of Zoning from 9T) R3-1, R1-1, R3-1 and [Q] RD1.5-1 To a RD1.5 zone. Updated exterior elevations per board request at previous meeting on Decemberʼs general board board. Case no.: VTT72877 (Regina Minor) Supporting documents: 2015-01-26-HAZELTINE_PLANNING COMMISSION PACKAGE
- c. 7755 Sepulveda Blvd.: Request a permit of Sale for onsite consumption of Alcohol and dining. Requesting a permit of sale for onsite consumption of Alcohol with dining in conjunction with an existing restaurant with a max. load of 41 seats and patio. Case no.: ZA-2014-2728-CUB (Regina Minor) Update, discussion & action. Supporting documents:Project location Drawings Master land use Application-FP Photos
- d. Neighborhood action. Request a CIS for Restrictive parking along the 5800-5900 block of Cedros Street. A request has been made by residents of Cedros Street for the VNNC to submit a Community Impact Statement (CIS) in regards of obtaining 2-hour restrictive parking with residents on the 5800-5900 block of Cedros Street. Also, to install speed bumps on Cedros Street. The board reach out to Cornerstone on this matter would like to address the board what the San Fernando Valley Community Mental Health Center is doing to address on this matter and the concerns of the community. (Mariano Medjia/Cedros Street resident and Bonnie Roth/Cornerstone) Discussion & action.
- e. Discussion and debate on partnering with North Hollywood West Neighborhood Council on painting and maintaining the “Woodman Walls” on the north east boundary of the VNNC district. This partnership would include the Panorama City Neighborhood Council, and Councilman Paul Krekorian as well. There will be matching funds discussed, with the entire project costing somewhere around $12,000. The partnership alliance would like to see the VNNC allocate 1/3 of the cost of the project. FUNDING REQUEST (NTE $1500)
- f. The VNNC to consider seeking out a “Sister City” in Holland to highlight the history of Van Nuys. The VNNC would partner with the city government of this city, and possibly plan a trip to visit and meet with the elected officials and stakeholders of our “Sister City.” (Howard Benjamin)
- g. The VNNC to submit a “Community Impact Statement” on the creation of a City Health Commission. The LA City Council has adopted the motion and resolution to create a City Health Commission, and the VNNC would like to participate in this by submitting a CIS and possibly several names of people to serve from Van Nuys.
- h. The VNNC to co-host and co-sponsor the “Senior Scam Stopper Seminar” with Assemblyman Adrin Nazarian. The VNNC to assist the Assembly Office, and man the VNNC booth throughout the time of the event.
- i. The VNNC to establish the standing “Education Committee” to meet monthly and address the concerns of our community. The VNNC Education Committee to meet with each principal of every private & public school in Van Nuys. (Stacey Rains)
- j. The VNNC to start planning the “Holiday Party” on December 9th, 2015. The VNNC to also come up with a plan for decorating the boulevard.
- k. The VNNC to design a new “Historic District” sign. The VNNC to promote the historic district and will reach out to representatives from CD #6 & CD #2 to help implement the plan.
- l. Update on the latest status of the VNNC inventory, and requirements from DONE thereof.
- m. VNNC to make inquiry on vacant lot near Delano Park. (The vacant lot just south of the soccer fields.) The VNNC to seek update on status of lot and possible uses thereof.
- n. The VNNC to create a position of Vice Parliamentarian to assist Parliamentarian. The VNNC to vote on possible candidates. (Daniel Luna)
- Old Business
- a. Consideration and possible vote on filling vacant seats on the Van Nuys Neighborhood Council. The VNNC will entertain any and all membership applications submitted for vacant seats. — ACTION