Photo credit: Bob Cupples (C-PAB Volunteer)
VNNC Special General Meeting Agenda
June 15, 2016 (Wednesday 7:00- 9:00 pm)
Van Nuys Constituents Center, Conference Room
6226 Van Nuys Blvd. Conference Room 1A
Van Nuys, CA 91401-2707
- Call To Order & Pledge Of Allegiance To the United States of America.
- Roll Call (Quorum Call)
- Comments from the Chair — Speaker’s Times, Cell Phones, Conversations, Correspondence Received and approval of minutes. Introductions of first time attending stakeholders. *Speaker Cards: 2, minutes, 2 Public Comment Times. (This includes speaker cards on agenda items — a limit of 10 minutes for the entire meeting per stakeholder.)
- Public Comment (On matters within the VNNC Board’s Jurisdiction.)
- Old Business:
- A. Motion to re-examine and re vote if necessary on the CA Safe Schools NPG application (from June’s general meeting). Board members to review the non-profit grant regarding previously approved expenditure not to exceed $3,200.00 for California Safe schools. Supporting documents available for review prior to meeting. Supporting Documents: 501c3 Letter as of 6 11 14 City of Los Angeles Tax Registration Certificate 2015 State Franchise Tax Board – 1.2014 Certified Van Nuys – California Safe Schools 220160612_18424806
- B. Funding item. Motion to approve an expenditure not to exceed $3,200.00 to California Safe Schools in order to enable students from Sylvan Park Elementary, Van Nuys Elementary, Kester Elementary, and Van Nuys Middle School to take field trips to national parks this summer.
- New Business:
- A. Budget item. Motion to move remaining balance of money in elections category ($ 3,236) to adopted NPG category.
- B. Budget item. Motion to move the cash request funds of $2,135.85 for outreach into NPG’s adopted budget category.
- C. Budget item. Motion to move $1,500 from operations into NPG and $627.15 from outreach into NPG.
- D. Administrative item. Motion to purchase a wireless printer/scanner/fax all in one . This will reduce the need to go to Staples, Kinkos, etc. will also reduce paperwork for secretary, treasurer and second signatory. All board members will be trained on how to use. NTE $400
- E. Administration item. Motion to purchase 300 VNNC flash drives with VNNC logo on it. Can be used as both an operational and outreach expense. Can be used as outreach to hand out at events but also board members are encouraged to use as well for VNNC business. NTE $1000
- F. Administrative item. Motion to purchase protective laptop cases and/or computer bags (whichever costs less or is available). NTE $150.00.
- G. Administrative item. Motion to purchase (2) external hard drives. To be used to store essential VNNC data. NTE $300
- H. Administrative item. Motion to purchase a B&W laser printer to be used by any VNNC board member(s) using a VNNC laptop or their own laptop in need of a printer to be used for official VNNC business. (NTE $300.00).
- I. Administrative item. Motion to purchase office supplies, specifically clear plastic sheets, three ring binders, pocket folders, receipt pocket holders, post-it notes, paper clips, printer ink, and paper to be used by Executive board officers, board members and stakeholders to prepare official VNNC Paperwork, Agendas, Committee Chair Reports, Outreach Flyers and similar documents in the course and scope of Official VNNC Business. (NTE 200.00)
- J. Committee item. Call for any and all interested board members to volunteer to join the Budget & Finance Committee so that said Committee might thereafter discuss, adjust, amend, set and approve the annual budget for 2016-2017.
- K. Motion to approve Annual Budget for 2016-2017.
- Public Comments