High School Students are invited to apply for the Mayor’s Youth Council for the 2018-2019 Academic Year.
What is the Mayor’s Youth Council?
● A one-year program for Los Angeles high school students
● The Youth Council works to empower its members to advocate for causes relevant to
the youth of Los Angeles
● The Youth Council gives the next generation of leaders a voice in City Hall.
Who will be on the Mayor’s Youth Council?
● Student leaders currently enrolled in high school from diverse educational
backgrounds representing all 15 Los Angeles City Council districts.
● The Youth Council will be divided into cohorts based on their respective areas, and
the monthly meetings facilitated by the respective Area Representative from the
Mayor’s Office of Public Engagement.
What will happen during Mayor’s Youth Council meetings?
● Meetings will discuss various themes of public service such as, Government 101, Civic
Leadership, Community Organizing, Civic Engagement, Public Speaking & more!
● Guest speakers from the local governmental, non-profit, corporate and labor sectors
will be invited to address the Youth Council.
● Youth Council members will have the opportunity to volunteer at community events
and receive professional development training.
Please visit www.lamayor.org/myc to complete the electronic application and
Should you have any questions, please contact: Jaqueline Serrano or Tanaz
Golshan (Mayor’s Office of Public Engagement) at email@example.com .