The Van Nuys Neighborhood Council has a number of open seats and invites you to apply. This is your opportunity to get involved in your community, represent Van Nuys to City Hall and be at the forefront of what is happening in Van Nuys!
- At-Large Resident Representative Seat 1 (expires 2025)
- At-Large Representative Seat 2 (expires 2025)
- Youth Representative (expires 2025) — must be between 14 and 17 years of age at the time of election (or appointment)
- At-Large Industrial Business Owner or Employee Seat 2 (expires 2027)
- Non-Profit Seat 2 Representative (2027)
- School Representative (expires 2027) – stakeholder who is an employee or a parent volunteer at a school located within the VNNC boundaries
How to Apply
Applications will be considered each month until positions are filled. Please complete the VNNC Boardmember Application and email it to [email protected]. (You may also mail a paper copy to the VNNC mailbox: P. O. Box 3118, Van Nuys, CA 91407-3118 or bring a copy to a VNNC Board meeting.)
Applications must be received at least 10 days in advance to be considered at a Board meeting. If your application is received by email by October 1, 2023, it will be considered at the next Board meeting. All applicants should plan to be present to introduce themselves at the Board meeting when their application will be considered.
More specific information on the requirements for each vacant seat can be found in the linked Bylaws in Article IV (definition of stakeholder), Article V (list of seats), and Appendix B (specific requirements for each seat).