VAN NUYS Neighborhood Council
Joint Board and Outreach Committee Meeting Agenda
October 2, 2017 (Monday 7:15- 7:45 pm)
Van Nuys State Building Auditorium
6150 Van Nuys Boulevard Van Nuys, CA 91401-3370
- Call To Order & Pledge Of Allegiance
- Roll Call (Quorum Call)
- General Public Comment on items Not on the Agenda
- Discussion and Possible Action- October is anti-bullying month, VNNC (Outreach) to sponsor a anti-bullying event. NTE $2500
- Discussion and Possible Action- Valley Disaster Preparedness Event NTE $2000
- Discussion and Possible Action-Halloween Event NTE $250
- Discussion and Possible Action- Holiday Event NTE $2500
- Outreach Calendar
- Mayor’s Youth Council Class NTE $70 (monthly)
- Discussion and Possible Action- Van Nuys Walk –John NTE $150
- Discuss and Possible Action to participate in Van Nuys Neighborhood School Health Fair
- Discussion and Possible Action-Backpacks and bookmarks for an upcoming event NTE $1000-Mr. Howard Benjamin
VNNC_OCT 2017_Outreach Committee Agenda
From VNNC Outreach Chair Maria Skelton:
I want to say thank you to Delano Park for allowing me to host the first annual softball game at their location.
Many thanks goes out to the awesome Van Nuys Police Department and all of the sponsors which was the NAACP in San Fernando Valley, The Game, mayor Eric Garcetti, my always faithful and willing to help Assemblymember Adrian Nazarian, Angie, Brian, NCADD in San Fernando Valley, Access your Success Wells Fargo, crab planet, Monique J, Sultry Erotic Goddess, Pride Auto Body and a host of others (sorry if I left anyone out).
But my main thanks goes out to the Van Nuys Community which showed up and showed out in a positive way. There were so many people that came out to support this positive event. Many thanks to the players from the police department and the community.
I’ll try my best to keep putting on positive events so people will be able to see that Van Nuys is a proud, loving, caring and respectful Community.
It really wasn’t about the score who won. Technically, we all won. The police gain new friends in the community and the community gain new friends within the police.
If this game change the negative thoughts that one person might have had about the police. Then, that’s a win in itself.
Thanks again Van Nuys,
I love you.
Pictures from the Event:
The Assemblymember Adrin Nazarian, once again had an amazing event at the Panorama City Mall. There was a lot of people and most of all important information for the community.
I was invited to a bless community event. It was a truly amazing event. I had so much fun.
Van Nuys Neighborhood Council
Outreach Committee Meeting Agenda
Tuesday May 16, 2017
7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Van Nuys State Office Building
6150 Van Nuys Blvd,
Van Nuys, CA 91401
1. Call to Order
2. General Public Comment on Non-Agenda Items (Up to two minutes per speaker)
3. Discussion and Possible Action re: revamping of Outreach Committee website
4. Discussion and Possible Action re: May as Teacher Appreciation Day and nomination to honor one teacher and one student
5. Discussion and Possible Action re: Program development and funding for Saturday Night Lights program at Delano park
6. Discussion and Possible Action re: Developing Community Plant Give-a-Way program and budget to provide education and promote healthy eating in the community.
7. Discussion and Possible Action re: Developing VNNC Back to School supplies Give-a-Way program.
8. Discussion and Possible Action re: Committee structure and membership
5.16.17 Outreach Meeting Agenda
Had a bless day at the MLK breakfast. It’s always great to see State Senator Robert Hertzberg at the event. He always take the time to embrace the people and listen to their opinions.
I’m holding a custom made shoe by Mr. Custom.
VNNC Outreach Committee Meeting Agenda
January 26, 2017 (Thursday 7:00- 8:00 pm)
6150 Van Nuys Blvd, Van Nuys, CA 91401
at the Auditorium
- Call to Order & Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America.
- Roll Call (Quorum Call)
- Comments from the Chair — Speaker’s Times, Cell Phones, Conversations, Correspondence Received and approval of minutes. Introductions of first time attending stakeholders. *Speaker Cards: 2, minutes, 2 Public Comment Times. (This includes speaker cards on agenda items — a limit of 10 minutes for the entire meeting per stakeholder.)
- Public Comment (On matters within the VNNC Board’s Jurisdiction.)
- Old Business:
- New Business:
- A. Puppetry Classes- A four (4) to six (6) week class to teach the youth how to make puppets
- B. Design Classes – A four (4) to six (6) week class to teach the youth how to design on clothes.
- C. Homeless Event in the Valley
- Public Comments
2017-1-26-VNNC Outreach Committee Meeting