VNNC General Meeting Agenda
September 14, 2016 (Wednesday, 7:00- 11:00 pm)
Van Nuys Constituents Building, Conference Room
6262 Van Nuys Blvd., Conference Room
Van Nuys, CA 91401
- Call To Order & Pledge Of Allegiance To the United States of America.
- Roll Call (Quorum Call)
- Comments from the Chair — Speaker’s Times, Cell Phones, Conversations, Correspondence Received and approval of minutes. Introductions of first time attending stakeholders. *Speaker Cards: 2, minutes, 2 Public Comment Times. (This includes speaker cards on agenda items — a limit of 10 minutes for the entire meeting per stakeholder.)
- Public Comment (On matters within the VNNC Board’s Jurisdiction.)
- Secretary’s Report – Jeremy Pessoa
- Treasurer’s Report — Stacey Rains and/or Howard Benjamin (Second Signatory) — Approve Treasurer’s Report
- Committee Chairperson’s Reports, Budget Advocate’s Report & Elected Officials’ Reports.
- Old Business:
- A. None
- New Business:
- A. Administrative item. Proposal for Budget Advocate to give report at beginning of each General Meeting NTE 5 minutes. (Jay Handel)
- B. Administrative item. Council to discuss the applications of Wendy Molina and Jeanette Hopp seeking for a position at the Non-Profit Board Seat# 2. Supporting Docs.: hopp-dox hopp-tax-id molina-dox
- C. Administrative item. VNNC to vote to fill currently vacant Non-profit Seat #2.
- D. Administrative item. Proposal that all VNNC Committee agendas must first be reviewed and approved by the Executive Committee for accuracy before being posted and disseminated. (Howard Benjamin)
- E. 6600 Van Nuys Blvd. Mixed-use project. 5 Story mixed-use project with 4-floors of 54 apartment rental units (48 market, 6 VL), over 3,160 Sq. ft. ground floor commercial space and adjoining parking space. Case #: DIR-2016-2062. (Shahab Ghods/ Plus Architects) Supporting Docs.: ArchDwgs Application Landscape Van Map Preferential Parking
- F. 6569 N. Van Nuys Blvd. Mixed-use project. 184-unit mixed use apartments w/ approximately 20,000 sq. ft of commercial space. Developers request to consist of a zone change from P-1VL to Mixed Use (Commercial & Residential) + Density Bonus; 168 Market Rate units with 16 earmarked for Very Low income units. In addition, owners are requesting an increase the density bonus above 35% and increase the affordable unit set-aside. Asking for a Letter of Support. (Boaz Miodovsky/ Ketter Designs) Supporting Docs.:
- G. Outreach Committee – Thanksgiving Event. Proposal for a Thanksgiving event hosted by the VNNC in coordination with the Department of Parks & Recreation at Van Nuys Recreational Center. (Maria Skelton/ VNNC Outreach Chair)
- H. Administrative item. Discussion of possible locations and cost of rental of office space for the VNNC.
- I. Administrative item. Proposal for VNNC to hire a note taker to assist the Secretary in recording minutes of the General Meeting (Jason Ackerman).
- J. Administrative item. Proposal for VNNC to send letter to Department of Neighborhood Empowerment (DONE), Mayor Eric Garcetti and City Controller Ron Galperin demanding that VNNC (Purchasing) P Card spending limit to be raised to $2,500 per day. (Howard Benjamin).
- K. Clean Streets Proposal for Van Nuys. Van Nuys Neighborhood Council will discuss in participating in the city’s program Clean Streets which will partner with Mid Valley Police Council and other Neighborhood Councils & Associations. (Sahag Yedalian/ District 6th Field Deputy).
- L. Presentation by John Mardoyan regarding parking issues in his neighborhood.
- M. Funding item. VNNC to discuss funding for the Valley Disaster Preparedness Fair with the NPG funds. (NTE $2500)
- N. VNNC to discuss supporting and providing a booth or booths for the event celebrating the anniversary of the Country General Store in November or December of 2016.
- O. Administrative item. VNNC to Vote on proposed revisions to the VNNC bylaws, Article V- officers.
- P. Administrative item. VNNC to vote on proposed revisions to VNNC bylaws, Article XII – Amendments.
- R. Administrative item. VNNC to vote on proposed revisions to VNNC Bylaws, Revisions to officers to create an official fifth officer to the board.
- Public Comment