Van Nuys Neighborhood Council
Special Joint Board and Budget and Finance Meeting Agenda Friday June 30, 2017
6:00PM to 8:30PM
LAPD Community Police Station Community Room
6240 Sylmar Avenue Van Nuys, CA 91401
- Call to Order, Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Roll Call
- Reports from Public Officials/Departments/Community Agencies (10 minutes)
- General Public Comment on Non-Agenda Items within the Board’s Jurisdiction (up to two minutes per speaker)
- Discussion and possible action regarding VNNC FY 17-18 Strategic Plan
- Discussion and possible action regarding VNNC FY 17-18 Budget Package
- To approve the purchase for the three newly elected members three sets of busines cards for each one of them. Our vendor of preference is VIP Printing. NTE $200.00 (operations budget)
- To approve the purchase for the three newly elected members, three magnetic logo pins with the VNNC Logo on it. NTE $200.00 (operations budget)
- To approve the purchase for the three newly elected members, three desk name plates with the VNNC Logo on it. NTE $300.00 (operations budget)
- To approve the purchase of ten VNNC emails from GoDaddy, by GoDaddy regulations. Three of these emails will be used by our newly elected councilmembers and the rest of them will be storage for future use. NTE $500.00 (operations budget)
- To approve the purchase of our VNNC storage unit for six months in advance. Our VNNC Store bin bill is due at the end of July 31st. If not paid by that time, our unit contents will be sold at auction.
- To review, analyze and reinstate Howard Benjamin as our Credit Card Holder for our Budget and Finance Committee 2017-2018 period. As of now, Howard Benjamin has been our credit card holder but was destitute by Mrs. Semee Park. We, as Budget and Finance Committee were not aware of this destitution and would are asking Mrs. Semee Park for any documentation of any wrong doing from Howard Benjamin that give grounds to his dismissal.
- To evaluate, support and recommend an outreach campaign by our VNNC for the 311LA app for the benefit of our Van Nuys Community to ease the increase of illegal dumping in our Van Nuys Streets. If approved the recommendation will be sent to our outreach committee for further evaluation.
- Board Comments on Non-Agenda Items (10 minute)