Van Nuys Neighborhood Council June 1st, 2015 (Monday 6:30pm – 7:50pm) 6250 Sylmar Ave. (Van Nuys Public Library) Van Nuys, CA 91401
- Call to Order & Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America
- Roll Call (Quorum Call)
- Comments from the Chair (President) of the Van Nuys Neighborhood Council
- Public Comment (On matters within the VNNC Board’s Jurisdiction.) *Speaker Cards: 2 minutes, 1 Public Comment Time. (This includes speaker cards on any and all agenda items — a limit of 10 minutes for the entire meeting per Stakeholders and Councilmembers alike)
- Secretary’s Report — Approve March Minutes, April Minutes & Special Summit Minutes
- Treasurer’s Report — Jeanette Hopp and/or Howard Benjamin (Second Signatory) — Approve Treasurer’s Report
- Committee Chairperson’s Reports, Budget Advocate’s Report, Elected Officials’ Reports & Election Chair’s Report
- New Business
- a. 14700 Sherman Way. Small Lot Subdivision. Proposal for a gated residential small lot subdivision community consisting of 58 detached single-family homes with large rear backyards and a private park with a tot lot. The developer is pursuing community feedback and support. Case no.: project not submitted to Planning. (Jon Spelke & Angie Yee / Storm Properties, Inc.)
- b. The VNNC to address committee assignments, and possibly setting up a committee chairperson training so the VNNC committees can run smoothly and in accordance to the Ralph M. Brown Act.
- c. The VNNC to address the following complaint from local constituent Kevin Sherbrooke. Dear Sir/Madam, I am writing to complain about my neighbor who has 7 renting tenants living in a single family house in an R-1 district. The house in question is at 15063 Gilmore. The owner does not live there and there are over 12 cars emanating from this house. The cars are constantly blocking my driveway, they do not park in the garage, there is large commercial vehicle with advertising, they are parking in front of our house while their driveway is empty. I have lived here for over 35 years and most of the renters are so disrespectful of the neighbors. The owner is not helping and the problem is getting worst and worse.Is there anything that I can do? Is this legal? Please help me contact a representative or advise on how I can file a complaint.” Respectfully, Kevin Sherbrooke, 15057 Gilmore Street Van Nuys, CA
- d. The VNNC to discuss and take possible action on renaming the “Erwin Street Mall” after former County Supervisor Zev Yaroslavsky. The mall is the center of government for the Van Nuys and Valley area, and former Supervisor Yaroslavsky represented the area for over a decade.
- e. The VNNC to possibly host Councilmember-elect David Ryu for our “Distinguished Speakers Series” and come up with certain projects the VNNC and the new LA City Councilman can work on together.
- f. Funding requests
- g. Additional items
- h. The VNNC to look into possible legislative or punitive options for individuals that maim or murder dogs and cats in the neighborhood. The VNNC to work with animal rights organizations to address this terrible issue of people poisoning their neighbor’s cats and dogs, or any other family pets.
Van Nuys Neighborhood Council
PO Box 3118
Van Nuys, CA 91407
Telephone (818) 533-VNNC (8662)